A’uzubillah himinash shaitan nirrajeem
Bismillah-hir Rahman-nir Raheem
Assalamu’alaikum wrh wbkt
· Maulana welcomed the two Chilean miners – Brother Omar, the President of the group of trapped miners, and his companion Dario – warmly. “Sit down,” Maulana said laughingly, as he welcomed them with love.
· Maulana began by praising Allah, and by thanking Him for this wonderful miracle. The miners had survived for 70 days, buried 700 metres under the hardened earth, with no fresh air, and only very polluted water to survive on. With barely any food, stifling heat, pitch darkness and a suffocating heaviness in the air, all 33 miners made it out alive, each one emerging with the traditional Naqshbandi triangular taweez around his neck, for Maulana had sent them this gift when they were still trapped. Maulana prayed that people will acknowledge the existence of Spirituality and miracles, after witnessing this mind-boggling event which was covered by the world’s media for all to behold.
· Maulana revealed that he had been informed about the accident and of the miners’ terrible situation one night. He immediately made prayers (do’a) for them, and he called one of the 313 miraculous people (RijalAllah) around the world, and asked him to accompany the miners. Eventually, not one, but seven of these invisible beings were sent to the site. Maulana was told by that one, to inform the miners to recite La ila ha illallah, Muhammadur Rasulullah, and to ask them to wear the Naqshbandi Taweez, in order to be rescued quickly, and Maulana passed this important message and parcel of taweezes to those in Chile who could send it to the miners.
· Alhamdulillah, said Maulana, Allah’s help had reached the miners, and made their seemingly impossible rescue, possible. All the technology on earth could not have made it possible, without the help of the Divine. Help had reached the miners from unexpected quarters, through the seven unseen beings that had been sent to them. (Later, when we read the Summary of what the miners revealed, you will see so many miracles that defied logic. And just to illustrate that surviving such an ordeal is not just about having technology, recently on Nov 19th, a blast in a New Zealand coal mine trapped 29 miners, and none made it out alive, not even their bodies have been recovered, despite state-of-the-art technology available to them. So for these 33 miners to come out alive, healthy and intact is indeed a miracle. They hold the unenviable record of having been alive for the longest time, trapped underground.)
· The seven invisible ones amongst the miners were shown the date that their ordeal would end, as stated on the Preserved Tablet (Luh Mahfuz), and they proceeded to provide the support necessary for the survival of these 33 miners, in stages, until that fateful date. Though the miners saw many miraculous occurrences, Maulana said that only ‘tiny miracles’ had been shown, as today’s humans have a very weak belief in Spirituality, and they would not have been able to bear the shock of really major miracles. Only what the miners needed to survive, they were given. Even then, the world is witness as to how, by Allah’s Will, 33 people survived in conditions that would have claimed the lives of all of them within a day, under normal circumstances; yet they survived 17 days initially, without air (yes, without any fresh air!), without any clean drinking water and without much food (read the miners’ interview in the next post, to see how much they ate daily!), and they spent a total of 70 days underground – emerging alive!
· Maulana said that he was very happy to meet the two miners who came. Without the Spiritual help and support of a pious and pure one who was sent to help them, they could never have made it out alive. Allah had made an impossibility, possible, and the prayer of pious ones was the means (waseelah) by which it happened!
· By their coming here, it is an opening for the people of Chile, many will embrace Islam and Spirituality after this. Whilst North Americans were hardened materialists, South Americans were would develop into deeply Spiritual people. Maulana prayed for them, to reach the era of Imam Mahdi (as) and Sayyidina Isa (as), and InsyaAllah, at that time, many in Chile would enter Islam.
· Maulana gave them each a gift of USD$500, and gave them an additional USD$15500 to take back to the other 31 miners back in Chile. Maulana said that he hoped to contribute to them monthly, so as to help them get back on their feet, as he did not want them going back to work in the mines anymore. He is hoping that these monthly contributions would help them start some small business that would keep them going. He suggested to one of the two miners that he should start rearing goats, and that Maulana would send him money to start a goat farm with between 500 to 1000 goats, and within a year, he would have 10 000 goats. The miner then revealed that he had indeed been a goat farmer in his younger days! Maulana advised the other miner to start a small business, buying and selling wood from Argentina. Maulana assured them that he would continue to collect charity on their behalf, and that he would never abandon them, he would help them as much as he could, as they were like his own children in his eyes.
· The miners also presented Maulana with some symbolic gifts – a Chilean flag with all 33 miners’ signatures, signed while they were still trapped in the mine, a rosary, a drawing done by their families on the day of their rescue and piece of rock of atacamita from the San Jose gold and copper mine. They said to Maulana, “These gifts to you are nothing compared to all that you have done for us, we can never repay your kindness and your help to us,” to which Maulana humbly replied, “Our reward is from the heavens, we are but weak workers, weak servants. May you be happy in this world and the hereafter.”
· At the end of the gathering, Maulana called the miners ‘lions’ for their bravery in the face of such a daunting ordeal. He sent his salams to all the miners, and told them to take heart, for a hundred thousand Chileans will, one day be going to Damascus by boat! Maulana reminded them to look for simple jobs, and never to return to work in the mines ever again, for, if they were trapped once more, Maulana said, “This time, we are not responsible.” Maulana promised to send money for them to build a dergah in Chile too. One of the ladies who had accompanied the miners, had a final question. “My son was lost at sea in May this year,” she said sadly, “will I ever see him again?” Maulana said, “He will come, when Sayyidina Isa (as) comes, don’t worry,” Maulana comforted the grieving mother. He then gave the entire group Bay’at and hugged the two miners.
· Immediately after meeting Maulana, the Saltanat TV team spoke to the two miners briefly, asking them how they felt about meeting Maulana Shaykh Nazim, and what they experienced when they took Bay’at with him. Brother Omar said that during the Bay’at, he felt as if he were drunk, and after the Bay’at, he felt as if a big burden had been lifted from his chest. The other miner experienced the same sensation. Although he had experienced difficulty sleeping after his ordeal, he was amazed that he was sleeping like a baby, ever since arriving in Lefke. He found his stay in Lefke to be very peaceful, and was very touched by how much time Maulana was spending with them. He had seen so many mureeds wait for days, just to get to spend a few minutes with Maulana, yet they were given repeated opportunities to be with Maulana, having dinner with him, and even travelling with him in the car twice. He was grateful for the wise advice Maulana had given him, and he was eager to share them with his family, especially about leaving the mining sector, to seek his sustenance elsewhere.
· When asked how he viewed the accident now on hindsight, he said that it was a test and blessing for them, it brought them back to reality, it showed them the meaning of life and brought them into Islam and into Maulana’s fold. Dario, the other miner, was especially thankful to have come, as he it was for him an unplanned trip, he jumped in to replace two other miners, who had pulled out from coming to Lefke, at the last-minute!
(This Summary will be accompanied by two other Posts, one of which will be the miners’ amazing personal experiences during their 70 day ordeal, and the other will be of Maulana being interviewed by CNN and FOX news concerning the Chilean miners’ visit. Both Posts contain information that will shock and surprise, so do stay tuned!)
· There is an interesting revelation by Maulana about the fact that the Saints who were helping, had been shown the date when the miners would be rescued. In Futuh Al Ghaib (Revelations of the Unseen), Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani (qs) spoke of every difficulty/test/problem/suffering, having an end-point.
كُلٌّ۬ يَجۡرِى لِأَجَلٍ۬ مُّسَمًّ۬ىۚ
Each running (its course) for a term appointed (Quran 13:2)
Everything has an appointed time in life. We will all face death, even this Universe will face Qiyamah. So, the tests and difficulties that assail us, also have an ajal, an end-point, after which will come relief.
فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرًا . إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرً۬ا
So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief: (5) Verily with every difficulty there is relief. (6) (Quran 94:5-6)
But this is one of the hardest things to bear along our journey. Shaykh Abdul Qadir (qs) said, it is like night (difficulty/test/problem/suffering), which will be followed by day (relief/solution). No matter how much we pray at the beginning of the night (i.e at the beginning of our problem/difficulty/suffering), the night will only get darker and darker! We will see no help or relief, and in fact, the situation may even get worse and worse. It is at this point that many an aspirant loses hope and faith. It is said in the Quran:
أَمۡ حَسِبۡتُمۡ أَن تَدۡخُلُواْ ٱلۡجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأۡتِكُم مَّثَلُ ٱلَّذِينَ خَلَوۡاْ مِن قَبۡلِكُمۖ مَّسَّتۡہُمُ ٱلۡبَأۡسَآءُ وَٱلضَّرَّآءُ وَزُلۡزِلُواْ حَتَّىٰ يَقُولَ ٱلرَّسُولُ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ مَعَهُ ۥ مَتَىٰ نَصۡرُ ٱللَّهِۗ أَلَآ إِنَّ نَصۡرَ ٱللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ۬
Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: “When (will come) the help of Allah?” Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near! (Quran 2:214)
Even the Messenger and those in faith cried, “When will come the help of Allah?” We must always remember Allah’s answer, “Verily, the help of Allah is always near!” So we must realise that each test must run its course – you can pray a thousand raka’ats and ask Allah to make the Sun rise, but if it is just midnight, you must wait till it is morning before the Sun will rise. Allah will grant our prayers – in due time – so we must have a cheerful acceptance of Allah’s Will and Perfect Wisdom.
In facing life’s difficulties, do make your do’as, beseech Him, entreat Him, for Allah says:
وَقَالَ رَبُّڪُمُ ٱدۡعُونِىٓ أَسۡتَجِبۡ لَكُمۡۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ عَنۡ عِبَادَتِى سَيَدۡخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ
And your Lord says: “Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): But those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell in humiliation!” (Quran 40:60)
Then await patiently, with complete faith in His Wisdom, Mercy and Kindness, for Allah has promised this in the Quran:
سَيَجۡعَلُ ٱللَّهُ بَعۡدَ عُسۡرٍ۬ يُسۡرً۬ا
After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief. (Quran 65:7)
And when relief has been granted, fall on your face in gratitude, remember him by saying Alhamdulillah wa Shukrulillah.
فَٱذۡكُرُونِىٓ أَذۡكُرۡكُمۡ وَٱشۡڪُرُواْ لِى وَلَا تَكۡفُرُونِ
Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me. (Quran 2:152)
· Maulana spoke of the support of the hidden, pious ones. Maulana Shaykh Adnan said that all Saints had been ordered to hide themselves in these times of ignorance, which is why we do not see them anymore. Only Shaykh Nazim has been allowed to be the known one. We must hence be respectful to all whom we meet, as we never know who amongst them is a Saint. Abu Yazid Al-Bistami (qs) was instructed to seek knowledge from the Pole Saint of his time, a humble cobbler who had veiled himself from all around him. Maulana Shaykh Adnan taught us this simple do’a to recite each time we left our homes, “Oh Allah, allow me to meet a Saint, a Qutb, or the Sultan.” Whoever makes this do’a, will meet a Saint, at least once in 24 hours.
· Maulana is hoping to contribute monthly to the cause of the Chilean miners, so if you are going to Lefke, do bring some extra charity and pass it to Maulana, so that you can share in this blessed deed. You may also choose to send it via others who are visiting.
وَتَعَاوَنُوۡا عَلَى الۡبِرِّ وَالتَّقۡوٰى وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوۡا عَلَى الۡاِثۡمِ وَالۡعُدۡوَانِ وَاتَّقُوا اللّٰهَ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ شَدِيۡدُ الۡعِقَابِ
But help ye one another unto righteousness and pious duty. Help not one another unto sin and transgression, but keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is severe in punishment. (Quran 5:2)
· A final interesting lesson from this Suhbah, was when Maulana handed the envelope of USD$500 to one of the miners. He had extended his left hand to receive it, and Maulana gently tapped away the left-hand with the envelope, and the miner understood immediately that he had to receive it with his right hand. Receiving with our right hand is symbolic – people of Paradise are called people of the Right-hand. They receive their Books of Deeds with their Right hand. People of Hell are called people of the Left-hand and they also receive their Books of Deeds with their Left hand, or from their back.
أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ أَصۡحَـٰبُ ٱلۡمَيۡمَنَةِ
They are those on the Right Hand (i.e. the dwellers of Paradise). (Quran 90:18)
· Maulana showed such genuine love by spending time with them, comforting them, advising them and helping them materially and spiritually. He hugged them, welcomed them with such warmth, and told them that they were ‘like his children’. The guests left happy, overcome by their host’s compassion and concern for them, whereas they were total strangers before the accident! That is Islam – being babul farah, a door to happiness, not tears, for the Ummah!
These 31 minute Suhbah in English can be viewed only at www.Saltanat.org. Click on ‘70 days Underground 19.Dec.2010′. Saltanat TV is the Official Site of Maulana Shaykh Nazim that is sanctioned and approved by him personally.
All rights reserved.